“Take this, all of you, and eat of it, for this is my Body, which will be given up for you.”
As Catholics, we believe and understand that the Eucharist refers to the Body and blood of Christ present among us through consecration (John 6). This presence of Christ is not just a symbol, He is truly present.
First Communion (Eucharist) is generally received in 2nd grade or older.
Immediate preparation for First Communion includes:
- participation in a faith formation program in the years prior
- completion of 1st grade prior to registering for 2nd grade (sacramental year) as stated in our FF Policies 2018-2019.
- participation in weekend and holy day Masses
- parental workshop held in January
- parents leading and completing at home materials and lessons
Youth who did not participate in a faith formation program last year and wish to celebrate the sacrament of First Communion should contact the Faith Formation Director, Jason Prigge– 320.356.0763
Students must be enrolled in Faith Formation to receive the Sacrament of First Communion. To register, click here.
Adults: Any adult who would like to receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist or join RCIA (Becoming Catholic) can contact Fr. Greg Miller- 320.291.5223